Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a collection of photos showing the building and

My Name is Joanne, I have a collection of photos showing the building and approved outside decor of the Arcade Building in Philadelphia, Pa. It was built in 1914. It was started in 1913 and the photos have like a cloth backing. The builder was Irwin & Leighton. I do not know the photographer. It may be on the back of the photos, but I'm not sure how to remove them from pages. They are in a standard album bought at the time. Which is in bad shape. Any help would be appreciated. Photos are in very good shape. Thank you. Joanne
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The photos show the building progress week by week. I think it may have been the first building built over the sidewalk, almost like a mall. I believe there were stores on the ground floor.

Hello

Are you wanting to know what the album with the photographs would be worth on the current market?
Glenda

Customer: replied 27 days ago.

Can you send me a picture of this so I can see what it looks like?

Glenda

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The photos are about 8x10. the are Sepia. and very clear. I'm not sure I can get photos to you. Is that a problem?

No not at all, is the album it's self anything or just a plain album?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
At the time, I believe it was a standard album from James Hogan Company Stationers, Blank Book Makers,***** Philadelphia, Pa
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I tried to send one of the photos, didn't work.

Thank you, ***** ***** familiar with albums by that company.

I am composing the answer be right back

One more thing, how many pictures ?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
There are 33 pages of these photos and the ones of the decorative items are stamped approved. Looks lie the original stamp. All Photos are dated as the work progressed on the building.

Thank you

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Album filled with Photos , Arcade Building in Philadelphia, Pa has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $450.00-550.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $175.00-200.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $550.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $550.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help.

You are very welcome, if you need anything else feel free sending it " For Glenda "

have a good weekend

Glenda