Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have this beautiful sculpture that I just bought that I…

I have this beautiful sculpture...
I have this beautiful sculpture that I just bought that I would like some more information on. I am honestly not sure of the age of the piece. It depicts a man in four different positions maneuvering through seven rings. I speculated it might have had something to do with the Olympics. The metal part appears to be a bronze alloy material. The base is white marble. There are no markings or signatures on the piece. The piece measures 18 7/8" by 3 7/8" at the base and weighs 12 lbs. 11 oz. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
20170921_111224.jpg2017092...jpg20170921_111233.jpg2017092...jpg20170921_111245.jpg2017092...jpg20170921_111252.jpg2017092...jpg20170921_111301.jpg2017092...jpg
9/21/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Denise

The Olympics only use 5 rings. There is religious reference to the 7 rings of Marriage. This could be from that.
Or it may just be an action sculpture created by an artist that only they know why. There is not another one like it so it is a one of a kind. I can get a value for you but, cannot tell you who made this or when.

Glenda

That would be great!

Denise

Did you look under the bottom to see if it might be signed?

It is not signed.

Ok, going to get some values be right back.

Sounds great. Thanks.

Hi Denise

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Bronze Alloy Sculpture, one of a kind, Artisan Created has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $500.00-650.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $350.00-375.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $650.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $650.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Thank you very much!

You are very welcome, if you need anything else feel free asking " For Glenda "

Have a great day

Glenda