Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an old Moxie tin sign showing a house on a, a wooden

I have an old Moxie tin sign showing a house on a hill, a wooden case of Moxie in the foreground and some little pixies on it. It's in pretty good shape and I have only found one other on the internet in many years of searching. Do you know if there's much of a market for it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I know it was hung in a little corner market that was built in the in the later 1800's, and it's in, what I believe to be, good condition.

Hello

Can you send a picture of this

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure, but it will take a minute.

Hi

Thank you, ***** ***** see a print date or a printers name along the edge of this? What size is it ?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see a date code, but there's a "No 313" in the bottom left corner. It's 14in x 20in, and the word Moxie is embossed.

Thank you be right back

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Learn to Drink Moxie Sign dates to the 1915-20 era, it has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $500.00-650.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1000.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1500.00 ( see how it goes, if it does not sell the first time on say Ebay, you can relist it )
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!!

Hello

You are so very welcome, if you do not mind rating me I would greatly appreciate it, this is the only way we are compensated by the site for our time. Just click the stars at the top of the page, or If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.

If you need anything else feel free sending it " For Glenda "

Hope you have a great day

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You got it!

Have a good weekend

Glenda

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks Glenda, and I may have another question for you soon regarding my BB rifle (with the compass and sundial)! I'll definitely contact you if I decide to sell it.Bill

You are very welcome, just be sure to send it " For Glenda "

Thanks

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Buck Jone BB rifle
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I definitely will send it t you!

Ok thanks