Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Valuation for a 1964 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman. Harrison…

Valuation for a 1964...

Valuation for a 1964 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman. ***** *****on spec

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Excellent condition

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not really

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

I am assuming this is the Gretsch 6122-1964.Is it mahogany, walnut, or another finish?

Jennifer

Mahogany
Sorry it is late in Australia. Would rather do it by text

Thank you.

The value on this guitar ranges from $2000 - $3500, depending on condition, playability, and whether all parts are original. The highest value is for excellent condition with all original parts, including original frets.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

AppraiserJM
Is that bot***** *****ne USD. I've been offered $ 8000 aud

That is US dollars. If you've been offered $8000 AUD, or about $6500 US, I'd take it! It's nearly double the typical price for these guitars. Yours may be an exceptional example, but even so, I've never seen them sell that high. The highest I've seen these go is around $4200.

Jennifer