Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I just wanted to get a second opinion for the sake of having…

I just wanted to get...
I just wanted to get a second opinion for the sake of having one when I attempt to sell my item. Does this make sense?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a set of Salem China of Salem, Ohio

Polo Pony demitasse cups and saucers on the Aristocrat shape

made from 1920 to 1930. This pattern was never formerly named

but people refer to it as the Polo Pony pattern informally.

The center design of a jockey on the horse was available

on several different shapes (the three-cornered shape being the most popular), with and without the dots (see photo).

Each cup and saucer set in GOOD condition has a value of $45 per cup/saucer.

If there are chips or repairs, the set would be worth $20 to $25 per set.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares
Okay, I am glad I did a second appraisal. The first one said $200-$225 a set. I guess that would be in excellent condition?

I appreciate the positive feedback!

If you would like to use me on any future questions,
put ForCustomerOnly in the text of your question to get me again.
I respond to requested questions first.