Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Sorry I did not realize this was a live site. Ok so I have…

Hi sorry I did...

Hi sorry I did not realize this was a live site. Ok so I have my great grandmothers artwork. One is a piece by a.Gasteiger. It is a NO.1112. Title Roses by and it is misspelled on the tag GASTEIGEN. By the front signature is correct.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Ok well lets see. It was mad exclusively for MAAS Brothers, Inc. It is still is the original frame which is really pretty even though I have had it tucked in a closet

9/21/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Ok from my IPad how would I do that?

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thanks Nora!

Certainly

Is I okay if I send you pictures of 3 more prints I have?

I will be happy to help with additional items, however you will please need to start a new question thread for each new item. Feel free to request me by name if you would like to work with me personally.

~Nora

You have a vintage framed color printed reproduction of a painting by Gasteiger made to appear like an original painting. It was common throughout the 20th century for publishers to print images of paintings and sell them as decorative wall art through decorator, furniture and framing shops.

On today's market, this could sell for a high of $40 - $60.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Ok thanks Nora. So I am going to send you the next set of prints. Do you appraise jewelry.
IMG_0046.JPGIMG_0046.JPGIMG_0047.JPGIMG_0047.JPGIMG_0051.JPGIMG_0051.JPGIMG_0052.JPGIMG_0052.JPGIMG_0053.JPGIMG_0053.JPGIMG_0055.JPGIMG_0055.JPG

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Oh I sent the pictures of the others. Not sure where they went.

You will please need to start a new question for each new item.

Feel free to add my name at the beginning of the new question if you would like to work with me personally.

~Nora