Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have many items which I believe would be called antiques.

Customer Question
I have many items...

I have many items which I believe would be called antiques. I do not know any reputable appraisers in this area. How do I find someone to look at these items to make honest appraisals. Items range from fine China to Farm tools and Threshing Machine Boxes from earlier than 1927.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not right now. Just questioning?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/20/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 11 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

For an appraisal you will really want to work with an accredited appraiser who is a member of one of 3 appraiser associations. To find one in your area, you will go to each of the 3 sites and enter your location into their 'find an appraiser' directories. From there, you will contact each qualified appraiser who comes up in your area and they will relay to you their fees for service.

Here are the links for you to each of the groups:

ISA, International Society of Appraisers: https://www.isa-appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser

ASA, American Society of Appraisers: http://www.appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser

AAA, Appraiser's Association of American: http://www.appraisersassociation.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.ViewPage&PageID=741

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora