Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My antique mirror is circa 100 years old. I would like to…

My antique mirror is...

My antique mirror is circa 100 years old. I would like to submit a photo for you to look at. Is that possible? There are small pieces of mirror inserted in the frame. Although fairly small this mirror is heavy

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It was brought over from missionaries to the US circa in the 40's

9/20/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) front and back by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Let me try to take a photo-- stay tuned, please

There is no time limit here. Add at your convenience.

Here is a photo (minus the yawning dog) of the front. The mirror is very heavy & I cannot lift it off of the wall due to lung surgery. I do know the back has brown paper on it, but until I can find someone to take it off the wall, that is all I can tell you about the back-- sorry

This is a circa 1940 French wall mirror

with bronzed gilt finish bow and floral swags

inset with mirror tiles around the frame.

The bow and ribbon is symbolically French and this type

of finish and style was popular in the 1940's.

The value of this mirror is $225 to $275 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares