Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Set of 12 Queen Anne cups, saucers & plates. Saucer is black…

Customer Question
Set of 12 Queen...

Set of 12 Queen Anne cups, saucers & plates. Saucer is black cups & plates are rose pattern

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

There is a number 29 on each of the cups

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Excellent condition. Never used . No chips

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/20/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements. Thoughtful responses take time.
My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

"Complete Sets" come in many different sizes.

Please tell me the following -

How many people does your set serve? (These are called place settings.)

How many pieces does each person have?

What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.

!!!!!Please do not send photos of the whole set. I cannot tell what pieces are in a set via such a photo!!!!

Kind regards,
Doris