Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like an estimate of the worth of a set of huon pine…

Customer Question
I would like an...

I would like an estimate of the worth of a set of huon pine furniture...over 100 years old. It comprises a chest of drawers (3 large drawers and 3 smaller drawers plus one curved secret drawer; a wardrobe with mirrored door and two deep drawers at bottom; a dressing table with mirror, one central drawer and two small side drawers, curved shelf at foot level.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The chest of drawers is untouched but the two other pieces have been restored and restained...colour is slightly orange rather than the lovely gold of the untouched piece.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/20/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 1 year ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

Ive sent photos. Hope you receive them ok.
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 12 months ago

If you tried to send them via email, they will not get to me without specific instructions.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to *****@******.*** with the following EXACT information.

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your site user name and real name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same email address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours or more.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris