Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I don't think I have an antique but do have a silver over…

Customer Question
Hi Kim, I don't...

Hi Kim, I don't think I have an antique but do have a silver over copper coffee/tea pot that has a crown on the bottom along with silver over copper, some initials (a couple I can't make out) and the word (Reg). The pot has two prongs on both sides to balance it on a serving stand. What does the crown and Reg indicate? Thank you

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Well, the initials appear to be LSC with the L being more of a guess. The best thing about the purchase was that it was at the end of a garage sale day and was on the 1.00 table.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/19/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.