Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a vase, don't know if it's an antique and cannot

Customer Question
I have a vase...

I have a vase, don't know if it's an antique and cannot understand the hallmark. Can I sent pictures? possibly from China as my sister traveled there a lot.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It's less than 10" and quite heavy for a vase. I have photos, that's all but the hallmark appears to perhaps be from China. That's all I know.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Like what?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/19/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

added one; second; third;
20170916_144217.jpg2017091...jpg20170916_144133.jpg2017091...jpg20170916_144245.jpg2017091...jpg20170916_144123.jpg2017091...jpg20170916_144226.jpg2017091...jpg

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

I was lead to believe this was a $5 transaction; I really don't need a membership.