Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

In 1980, my husband purchased an antique BBC pool table in…

Customer Question
Hello. In 1980, my husband...
Hello. In 1980, my husband purchased an antique BBC pool table in Buffalo, NY from a young man who said he had inherited it from his grandfather who took it from a Buffalo bar. The table had good lines but had been painted with brown paint. My husband stripped the paint and found a beautiful inlaid twining baskets pattern running down the sides and around the pedestal legs. Due to being painted all the inlay had been protected so it is in great. He finished the table with tung oil, replaced the felt and leather pockets. The table now belongs to our daughter in AR. She needs to see it since the house it has been in for the past 35 years is being sold. Could u give us an est value? Thanks!! I can send pictures.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/19/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 11 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora