Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a print that says painted by R.., animal painter to…

Customer Question
I have a print...

I have a print that says painted by R. B. Davis, animal painter to the king/ also says drawn on stone by J. W. Giles. The original print says R. B. Davis 1835 is this worth anything

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

There is some scripts on the bottom that reads: This portrait of Henry Adaker , on his favorite Hunter Pilot, with the most celebrated hounds of Mr. Sebrights pack, is with permission dedicated to Mr. T. G. S. Sebright, by his Old Servant

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/19/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.