Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

That is my mother's name. I have an old chinese cloisonne…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. That...

Hi Pearl. That is my mother's name. I have an old chinese cloisonne 10" plate black background peony flowers and butterfly. Can you value this?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is enameled metal blue underneath with floral design and maybe 1/4" metal stand , gold colored cloud background, gold lined red, lilac and yellow peony with gold lined leaves and the rim has the light aqua blue link design same material as the back.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is not gold, probably copper with the "gold" on black background peony flowers pastel butterfly, fairly heavy, fingernails tapped on bottom release a ringing sound

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/19/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 1 year ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora