Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Our charity has been given what looks to be a satsuma gosu…

Customer Question
Our charity has been...

Our charity has been given what looks to be a satsuma gosu blue gravy boat. It belonged to an elderly lady who said it was her mother's. How can we find out what it's value is?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

In a red square it has: MADE IN CHINA, 4 Chinese symbols, SATSUMA

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It has a blueish*****on base and red*****on inside rim

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/18/2017
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.

Please let me know if I can help further with photos.