Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am seeking some direction. I have purchased a collection…

Customer Question
Hello! I am...

Hello! I am seeking some direction. I have purchased a collection of art work by Charles Egri. He was a commercial artist in the first half of the last century. He did art for several New York magazines. His works are modern , industrial as well a some fantasy and organic styles. I would like to find a buyer or museum. His brother was more famous for the works that he did in Taos in the 50's. Any ideas?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There are framed pieces and unframed, as well as early sketches.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/17/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 11 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my nam eis Tanya I am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to research this and post back with ways t sell this collection and whom to contact. I look forward to helping you. If you have photos of a few of these please post for review. Are they all different sizes or roughly the same size? I appreciate your help. To post here click on file upload , add files or the paperclip button and follow the prompts. I do know this artist I would like to review the types of art work you have. thank you again.

Thank you for your patience. Here is a list of auction houses that would handle a collection of fine art to sell. They can go either as individual pieces or as a collection but you would talk to the auction house about how you would like to sell. I have provided links to each Auction House for you to look over and fil out the online forms providing a few photos. You will receive back what they feel they would bring at their auction of if the come is unable to help you. If they can not feel they would gain a high value they ay refer you to other options in selling. From what I have read on the artist he was a well known artist in his own right as well as doing exhibits with his brother and sister. I have found no current prior sells on his works of art. The list below is a variety of auction houses to contact from west coast to east coast. You have no obligation to go with one so you may wish to contact each of them and send them photos to se what each has to say on the art works and what the values would be. Auction houses do take a percentage of the sold value and that would all be presented to you in their final offerings.

Freeman's Auction House

https://www.freemansauction.com/selling-auction

Witherell's Auction House

https://witherells.com/sell/

Heritage Auction House

https://fineart.ha.com/free-appraisals.s?ic=Tab-Service-FreeAuctionEvaluation-121913

Dallas Auction Gallery

http://www.dallasauctiongallery.com/services/selling-at-auction/

Christie's Auction House - I would suggest Christie's as one to contact being located in New York he lived and worked in New York and may have a larger following of collectors in New York.

http://www.christies.com/selling-services/auction-services/auction-estimates/overview/

When you have a moment please rate my answers as this is how I get paid for my research and it does not cost you anything extra it is strictly how I am paid for my time and work.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 10 months ago

Hi I wanted to check in and see if I may be of further help on this for you. If not when you have a chance please rate my work as this is how I am paid for my research here at justanswer. It does not cost you anything just strictly how the company pays me by the rating system.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions

Hi I wanted to check in and see if I may be of further help here on this art collection. I am happy to continue if you have more questions or thoughts Thank you Tanya