Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Lady Tanya, Do you appraise furniture? I have 3 peices that…

Customer Question
HI Lady Tanya,Do you appraise...
HI Lady Tanya,Do you appraise furniture? I have 3 peices that I need an appraisal for. They were passed down from my grandparents who purchase 2 of them in an English Antique Store in London and my father said they are worth a considerable amount of money.I have pictures that I can forward to you if possible.One is a Rosewood Lieu Table with 6 chairs. In excellent condition. Not sure how old but one dealer told me they were 17th century.The other is a 3 tiered English Tea Caddy
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/17/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 11 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi Yes I do and would be happy to help you. Please post the photos of each one and clear close ups of any markings or labels. Post here in post by clicking on file upload, add files pr the paperclip button and follow the prompts or email them to***@******.*** and please put "forCustomerquot; I look forward to helping you.

HI Lady Tanya,I will have to send them via my phone to your email. I am working from my laptop and cannot access the pics that I saved on my desktop computer. We were displaced by the Hurricane Harvey and I am just trying to get a true value for my antiques. I have many that I inherited and others that I have collected over the years. Mostly case goods and rugs. I will try to send better pictures but for now my computer won't let me save them where I can upload them. The lieu table and chairs is said to be rosewood 17th century. it is beautifully burled and in original condition. Heavy carving of the base and back of the chairs which are a rose spray with leaves. The table is sculpted around the edge and the top burled wood.

It sounds beautiful I look forward to seeing these and helping you. From your phone send the photos by the email address you signed up with here on the site to the***@******.*** and put for ladyatanya65 as soon as they forward to me I will let you know.

OK, I think my phone is set up to Hotmail not my gmail account but I just sent them. I could probably try to send them to myself and then attach them in gmail for you.Let me know if you don't get them shortly and I will try to save them to my laptop that way and send them.Thanks,Leslie

Hi Leslie Thank you I will watch for them and let you know I appreciate your help in this and look forward to helping you

One more thing on the table. It breaks forward on 2 brass pins that it can be stored like a breakfront pie table.
in other words, it can be move vertical on the 2 brass pins.
The top is also removable.

there sound like very good pieces. I know what you are describing and your father is right these pieces are of value. I hope they were spared from damage when you were displaced.

great pieces were designed to be elegant and beautiful You don't see the care and design in furniture made today like years ago.

They were semi spared. The table I had moved upstairs but 3 of the chairs were downstairs. We got about 6 inches of water so not that bad but still will have to have them refurbished.

such a tragedy I am glad you and family are ok - the rest can be fixed. I am in California and we have dealt with the fires all summer. I will let you know when photos come to me and help you with the values and information. Thank you

OK, I will try to send the other furniture that I need appraised and also the 3 rugs.
One rug we had to throw out but the 2 smaller ones we are trying to see if we can save.
In the bedroom
Thanks,

ok yes I will help you with all the things. Depending on the damage I can help you on ways to repair or fix also as I do restoration as well.

that would be great! How long does it take to get pictures to you through the Just Answer website since I can't send directly?

it can take up to one day so I check my email constantly I will post as soon as I have them

No Problem.I will try to get better pics once I get back to the house.Thanks again.

you are very welcome

Hi I wanted to let you know I have not received any photos on the furniture as of yet.

***@******.*** "forCustomerquot;

Hi sorry it said I had a reply from you but there is nothing here. I was just letting you know today I still had no photos and will let you know if they come in thank you

Not a problem,I downloaded some and got a response back from the main hub so I sent again saying to make sure that you got them, but they may be tomorrow. Here are some that my husband took of the English 3 Tiered Cart
3 tiered cart 1.jpg3 tiere...jpg3 tiered cart 2.jpg3 tiere...jpg3 tiered cart 3.jpg3 tiere...jpg3 tiered cart 4.jpg3 tiere...jpg

Hi thank you for the reply and the photos of the English Cart. This is a beautiful 3-tiered cart. 1880-1900 period. The value is 3200-3400.00 in today's market. There looks to be a scratch on the second shelf edge in photo #2.jpg or it could just be dust/dirt as I don't see any other scratches or damage to the cart. Very nice cart and in great condition for age. I look forward seeing the other pieces.

Great. sent them along. Hopefully you will receive them soonThanks for the appraisal

you're welcome

HI Lady Tonya,I am not sure that the appraisal that was sent back is accurate. My father upon passing it to me indicated that it was worth a considerable amount of money. He was a big collector and very switched on to value as he had to insure his possessions. Hi indicated it was worth around $100,000. Not sure who the maker is but maybe I should send over more pictures for you.On the lieu table and chairs, I saw one valued at $135,000 about a year ago. It was just like mine. Also not sure of the maker of that.Thanks and will try to get better pics of both to you.Leslie

Thank you for this information Please post more photos and if there is a marking, label or name on the cart please shoot clear close ups. I did the value based on the cart without a name or maker. Even with the economy bad, the value would not be as drastic as this and so this has to be a well known maker and I will redo this and research the makers of the time on my end and await your photos. There is no problem thank you I am glad you let me know, a maker or name is ***** ***** the value of a piece. Thank you I look forward to seeing the photos of the pieces.

Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 10 months ago

Hi I just to see if you had had a chance to get photos for review. I am happy to help you and await the photos to be able to give you a full evaluation. Thank you

I will try to get photos tomorrow. it is still crammed in the room with a ton of other furniture around it.Thanks,Leslie
Hi Leslie ok no rush just wanted to check that I hadn't missed them. Thank you for reply I appreciate it.