Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a rural German Scene, done in, I believe pewter, it…

Customer Question
I have a rural...

I have a rural German Scene, done in, I believe pewter, it is framed, big, and very detailed. On the bottom right are the initials EZ.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I bought the pweter picture in Germany I have done some research, but so far, all I have found out that the work is patent-protected in Germany, and that EZ are the initials of a famous 18 century "sculpture" I wonder if you can shed some more light on this. //Gilberto N Cavazos//

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not t that I can see, or think of!!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/17/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 11 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please post a few photos of this piece for review overall with frame and then a clear close up of all markings and initials, and a photo of the backing. Is this a 3D effect? more of a wall sculpture then painitng? How deep is this? Thank you all of this will help me in evaluating the piece. To post photos here click on the file upload. add files or paperclip button and follow the prompts or email them to***@******.*** and in the email please put "forCustomerquot; I look forward to seeing this and helping you Thank you