Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I halve a small lidded pitcher with rattan wrapping on the…

Customer Question
I halve a small...

I halve a small lidded pitcher with rattan wrapping on the handle and lid handle. The bottom says the maker is Poole of Taunton, Mass and HM2. I am just wondering what it was used for. I inherited it.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not really. I have had it for a while and just want to be able to tell whomever receives it next exactly what it was used for. I have a photo but don't know to lad it onto this site using my iPad.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.