Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm trying to estimate a price for a Bavarian chocolate set,

Customer Question
I'm trying to estimate...

I'm trying to estimate a price for a Bavarian chocolate set

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has a stamp "HANDPAINTED - BAVARIA - PORCELAIN" and a coat of arms with "BAVARIA" at the bottom and the initials P and T on either side.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There is a pot with a lid, 5 saucers and 6 cups

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a chocolate set made by Tirschenreuth Porcelain Factory

of Bavaria, Germany. The PT shield mark in green was used from 1903 to 1927.

Most hand painted chocolate sets were made around the 1905 to 1910 period.

This set, missing one saucer, has a current value of $125 to $150 depending on the quality

of the painting on the set since some were painted by studio artists and some sets were painted

by hobby artists that bought the blank white china to paint at home. Your set is most likely

a studio artist painted set and would be worth the $150 range.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.