Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Dear, I have a Copy of the Gainsborough painting of the

Customer Question
Dear *****, Expert's Assistant:...

Dear *****,

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a Copy of the Gainsborough painting of the Dutchess of Dovenshire ( Lady in a Big Hat ) it is in a duplicate frame and copy hanging in the TWINNINS Museum in London. It was my grandfather's gift to my grandmother when married in 1910.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I would like to know it worth and where should I go to get a formanl appraisal and perhaps sell it. I live on Long Island, NY

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

mart phone pictures.
Respond by e mail or on phone or both
Please.
I believe this is a copy not a painting.

There are no photos showing here.

Let's do this instead. It is slower, but easier for you.
You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

Do let me know if you have sent photos so that I can ask customer service to forward them.

I am eager to help you with this piece.