Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I need to know the approximate price of this jar for mailing…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know the approximate price of this jar for mailing purposes:

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Mason's Patent Nov. 30th 1858, 1/2 gallon, very dark brown, looks black on the shelf.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Excellent condition, a little chipped around the top edge. I've had it for at least 50 years. My father-in-law bought it from an old lady on his route.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks or signatures by clicking the Add Files link.
The link will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.