Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 30 piece set of China that was my grandmothers. It…

Customer Question
I have a 30...

I have a 30 piece set of China that was my grandmothers. It is in pristine condition, no cracks, nicks, etc. it is stamped Johann Haviland Bavaria Germany. I am not sure when or where she got this. She died in 1995 at the age of 102. It has a pink and beige rose pattern!

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is aservice for four, from dinner plate down to small fruit bowls and includes an ornate, fairly large, covered sugar bowl and creamer set.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Your service for four plus some serving pieces of Johann Haviland Bavaria china from

about 1915-1925 has a current value of $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.