Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My husband bought me 5 Crocks from a friend of his. His

Customer Question
friend had the crocks in...
My husband bought me 5 Crocks from a friend of his. His friend had the crocks in his work shop under his work bench. The friend (age 63) said they were his grandmothers. I'm wondering what my antiques crocks are worth? I have a 20 gallon White Hall ILL with handles, 20 gallon Western Stoneware Company Monmouth ILL, 15 (has a wire ring around the top)& 12 gallon Blue Ribbon Brand Buckeye Pottery Co. Macomb ILL and a 1/2 pint Straight Corn Whiskey bottle McCormick Distilling Co. Weston, Missouri w/ 135-68 11-D16 Stamped on the bottom. I have no clue what they are worth, what type of markings to look for or how to have them appraised and they are to big to hall around ???
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/16/2017
Antique Expert: rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.

If you want we can start with the crocks and the other items can be appraised as new questions in the site.

About the crocks, can you upload a picture ? Also, could you find any kind of manufacturer mark or label?

Thanks

Sorry took so long to get back, my computer is/was not working right.
(1) 12 Gal .Blue Ribbon Brand, Buckeye Pottery CO. Macomb ILL
One knob is broke off (2)15 Gal .With wire around top Blue Ribbon Brand, Buckeye Pottery CO. Macomb ILL ,
(3) 20 Gal. With leaf Western Stoneware Company Monmouth .I'm thinking that the red & black marks are paint or marker, I have not tried to clean off. (4) 20 Gal. with wooden/wire handles Whitehall ILL S.P & S CO. (5) 2 Gal. w/ flowers on back Western Stoneware CO. Monmouth ILL
Please let me know what they are worth. I'm with out a job so I would like to sell them A.S A. P
Thank you
EvelynThank you
Evelyn
IMG_2789.JPGIMG_2789.JPGIMG_2798.JPGIMG_2798.JPGIMG_2793.JPGIMG_2793.JPGIMG_2693.JPGIMG_2693.JPGIMG_2800.JPGIMG_2800.JPGIMG_2801.JPGIMG_2801.JPG

Thansk for the pics

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of

(1) 12 Gal .Blue Ribbon Brand, Buckeye Pottery CO. Macomb ILL

400-650$

(2)15 Gal .With wire around top Blue Ribbon Brand, Buckeye Pottery CO. Macomb ILL

800-1,100$

(3) 20 Gal. With leaf Western Stoneware Company Monmouth

900-1,200$

(4) 20 Gal. with wooden/wire handles Whitehall ILL S.P & S CO.

950-1,200$

(5) 2 Gal. w/ flowers on back Western Stoneware CO. Monmouth ILL

350-500$

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!