Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Or Chinese teapot with lid or ON THE BOTTOMTWISTED METAL…

Customer Question
or Chinese teapot with lid...
or Chinese teapot with lid or Jap ON THE BOTTOMTWISTED METAL HANNDLE SUMO MEN FIGHT ON IT CHINESE OR JAPANESE WRITING ON THE U8NDERSIDE
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/15/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I don't have a picture if I take a pic putt it in the computer how do I get back here
I can not afford another 38 ollars o call

I am unable to find a match for this item without seeing it. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

does it cost me another 38 dollars to tALK ON THE PHONE
WILL THIS COST ME ANOTHER 38 DOLLARS T TAKE ON THE PHONE
THE TEAPOT US KIGHT BLUE THE FIGURES ARE MANY COLORS ALSO YHE OTHER SIDE A VERY COLORFUL AN AMIMAL WITTH A COLORFUL BLANKET AROUND IT THE FACE LOOKS LIKE A CLOWN THE HANDLE LOOKS LIKE A DARK COPPER. THE LID HAS BUTTERFLIES ON IT
LIGHT BLUE
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 11 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. By doing an evaluation it is best to be able to see photos of the piece to give you full accurate information. I understand you can not post photos however from the description I can give you the knowledge know on these. Yes, a phone call does cost addition fees however I do not have any knowledge on the fees and business end of the company. We as appraisers are not employees of the company we are certified appraisers here to help customers on their items and paid after the customer rated out information given. The rating does not cost you anything and is only for our way to be paid for our work from the company from a portion of what you have paid already. To talk to someone about fees or the membership end of things contact by email ***@******.***

From your description of this teapot - This teapot is one used in ceremonial teas before a wrestling match the suma wrestlers prepare for the match and the butterflies represent--- The Daruma is a traditional Japanese wishing doll and the symbol of achievement in Japan. Which is what the animal represents on the backside of the pot, modeled after Bodhidharma, the founder of the Zen sect of Buddhism.Though typically red and depicting a bearded man (Dharma), vary greatly in color and design depending on region and artist. On the teapot it is in the form of an animal type wrapped in a blanket of protection. The wrestlers on the front represent the match that is to come. It is an old tradition that is practiced till this day. ... In Japanese culture, butterflies carry a number of meanings but are most closely associated with the symbolism of metamorphosis and transformation. To drink tea from the teapot is to give the match a fair and heroic match. Meditation and Zen practice is to calm and focus the wrestlers free of the mind and place strength in the body. Light blue and with the copper twist under the pot and of the handle the age would be 1940-1950s period and the characters on the bottom is Japanese and probably the maker and date the teapot was made. From the description you have given the estimated value would be 65.00-85.00 in today's market if it is in good condition free from chips or cracks. If it comes in the wooden box it was originally bought in the value with teapot and box would 135.00-150.00 overall.

I hope I have been of help on this item for you and have fone by best by using your description given.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.