Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a tea pot 6 inches tall, 3 1/4 by 3 3/4 made by

Customer Question
I have a tea...

I have a tea pot 6 inches tall, 3 1/4 by 3 3/4 made by reed&barton, by Jaccard jewelry with numbers 0143-h on bottom with 1p below that marked silver, when was it made?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a liitle teapot marked Reed & Barton measuring 6inches tall by 3 1/4 by 3 3/4, by Jaccard jewelry, with numbers 0143-H then1P with 31 sideways

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm trying to find when it was made?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/15/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I gave all info you need, please respond now

Do you see the word STERLING or the number 925 on the bottom anywhere?

This is a silver soldered (not sterling silver) Reed and Barton teapot

made in the early 20th century from the 0143-h pattern series

in a one pint capacity. This teapot has a current value of $35 retail.

The words silver soldered mean that silver solder was used in attaching the spout and the base.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

it doesn't say silver soldered, just silver

This also means silver soldered and indicates that the

teapot is not sterling silver. Sterling silver is 925 parts per 1000

throughout whereas your pot is silver plated, an amalgam of tin, nickel and other alloys with a thin plating of silver applied through an electro-plating process, then the part attached with a silver solder. Sterling silver is required by law to be marked with the word STERLING or the number 925 in order to be counted as silver.

to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.