Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an Antique water pitcher. The number on the bottom is…

Customer Question
I have an Antique...

I have an Antique water pitcher. The number on the bottom is(###) ###-#### What would the value be.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have an antique water pitcher. The number on the bottom is(###) ###-#### What would the value be.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is very ornamental.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/15/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Please add images at your convenience by using the Add Files feature.
-Rarewares

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

Hello, I asked above for photos.

You did not mention if it is pottery or silver.

Please do add pictures and I'm sure I can help!

This is a hand painted German, exact maker unknown since there is no mark, porcelain pitcher

made in the 1950 to 1960 time period (any older would have significant wear to the gold edges from handling, hand oils and use). The value of this pitcher is

$75 to $95 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.