Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a dining room table that my mother purchased from the…

Customer Question
I have a dining...

I have a dining room table that my mother purchased from the former home owner in 1960. We are moving out soon and I need a value because my brother wants it. I have photos I can upload.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It would be easier to show you pictures... it's 48" x 60", legs are claw foot at base with a floral leaf at the top. The table top itself has 1" scallops all the way around. The frame looks like oak, but the top doesn't.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It can hold up to three leaves, which I have. There's a grease pencil marking on the underside that says 1950, but no manufacture's stamp.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/15/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a late 19th century Chippendale revival mahogany

dining table with gadrooned edge,

acanthus foliate detail cabriole legs, turned center foot and paw feet.

Value is $800 to $950 retail.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.