Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My wife has a set of 8 with 3 plate sizes and 8 cups. they…

Customer Question
My wife has a...

My wife has a set of 8 with 3 plate sizes and 8 cups. they are white with and 2 gold bands around the edge. these are Translucent Porcelain from Royalton China co., Singapore

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

She got the plates before we were Married , over 45 yrs ago. the were a gas station promotion.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/14/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

"Complete Sets" come in many different sizes.

Please tell me the following -

How many people does your set serve? (These are called place settings)

How many pieces does each person have? (This is the number of pieces in each place setting.)

What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.

!!!!!Please do not send photos of the whole set. I cannot tell what pieces are in a set via such a photo!!!!

Kind regards,
Doris

Sent via***@******.***. Hugh Jones ,***@******.***

There are very specific instructions for sending photos via the site email method. They will not get to me if the instructions are not followed.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.*** with the following EXACT information.

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your site user name and real name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same email address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours or more.
.

They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

One picture came through the system to me.

I still need more specific information.

Please tell me the following -

Kind regards,
Doris