Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

9/14/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

I am not sure what you are asking for? If you want a value for your lithograph, I will need photos of the front and back. I also need the size in inches, not including the frame and mat. Do not remove from the frame.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

If you are asking about site charges the please use one of the methods below to determine site charges. After you are satisfied with the charges, then we can proceed.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, see this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR

Email address:

***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris

Kind regards,
Doris

I do not want a value i want to know the name of the painting featured

If you sent a picture of the lithograph, it did not come through at this end.

Please resend.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find an accurate answer to your question.
I am going to release your question (opt-out) so that if another professional knows the answer, he/she can help you.
There is no extra charge if another professional responds to your question.
I will not be able to respond to your questions once I opt-out.
I hope you find the answer to your question.
Kind regards,
Doris

ok so I don't want to be charged if there isn't an answer
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 9 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. This is " A toast before the hunt". It is one of several in the Stirrup Cup series he did.

Heywood Hardy

Born: 1843 - Chichester, England
Died: 1933 - England
Known for: painting and etcher of portrait, animal and sporting subjects

Heywood Hardy was a painter and etcher of animals, portraits, genre andsporting subjects. He was born in Chichester, on 25th November1842, son of the artist James Hardy, Sr (1801-79) and younger brotherof James Hardy Jr (1832-89).

Hardy left home at the age of 17, and attempted to earn a living bypainting animal pictures. He did this successfully, and, after ashort time with the 7th Somerset Volunteers, he borrowed some moneyfrom his brother and traveled to Paris. In 1864 he entered theEcole des Beaux Arts to study under the battle artist, Pielse.

Hereturned to England in 1868 and found he was in great demand. Hewas often invited to country estates to paint portraits, sportingpictures and animal studies. Hardy continued to enjoy commissionsfor portraits, animal studies and hunting scenes, but he decided toconcentrate on painting genre subjects. In addition, he providedillustrations for magazines such as the Illustrated London News, and The Graphic, as well as producing etchings of his work.

In 1870 Hardy and his family moved to St John's Wood, London - anarea then popular with artists. During this period his careerflourished and he was elected a member of a number of societiesincluding The Royal Society of Painters and Etchers, The RoyalInstitute of Oil Painters and The Royal Society of Portrait Painters.

In1909 Hardy moved to West Sussex and at the age of 83, he painted thefirst in a series of eight panels depicting Biblical scenes for thechancel of Clymping Church, to mark its 700th anniversary in1925. At the time, these panels caused considerable controversyas they depicted Christ walking on the Sussex Downs and local farmland,amidst modern figures, said to be residents from nearby villages.

Exhibited: Royal Society of British Artists, Suffolk Street (1863 to 1871)
Royal Academy (46 paintings between 1864 and 1919)
The British Institute
The Old Watercolour Society.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Hi I thank you for the correction. I have searched for this lithograph and will opt out for another expert to help you. It will not cost you anything additional it just opens the question for another expert to help you. I thank you for the opportunity to help you however I am at a loss on this lithograph.