Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I am an executor of an estate. Have a "Limoges Monk Tankard"

I am an executor of an estate. Have a "Limoges Monk Tankard" 13 1/2 inches high. Perfect condition Stamped fine regal with makers brand. Year appx 1900 made by j. Pouyat in Limoges, France. 1985 estimate of $125. Can you give me an approximate value for today's market
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have an antique slant top mahogany desk 5 drawers but will be delivering it to Lynwood Wa soon. Just needed an approximate value for the records.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I have been attaching the picture of the desk and mug using the +add put do not see the tool box for the paper clip. they show up as added , however; they must be too big. Your help desk gave me a link and I sent them but sure didn't see where you would see them.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I should think that you have them by now. I did find a manufacturers tag on the back of the desk says
Madox
Colonial
Productions
Jamestown NY

Thank you for the additional information, however I have not yet received any images.

~Nora

I received your images and thank you for your patience.

The desk you have is referred to as a "Governor Winthrop Desk". Winthrop was part of old Colonial Williamsburg, however he did not own a desk in that style, nor was that style being produced in the 1600's when he was living. The name was a marketing tactic and this form and style were made by many furniture manufacturers in the early 1900s and especially the 1920's. These sell for an average of $400 on today's market.

The tall porcelain Pouyat monk tankard from Limoges, France can sell for $450 - $550 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora