Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have an Junior Cider press with the crusher. It looks

Customer Question

We have an Arnold Junior Cider press with the crusher. It looks like the Americus Junior i872 model. I can't find anything on the Arnold Junior.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: All the pieces are there. Also has an extra fly wheel if you want to motorize it. It is cast iron with decorative gold etching. All the parts are numbered so it might have been a kit? My husband who is 81 said that it was his grandfathers. It has been in storage all this time. It has two buckets. The legs have a decorative green design on them.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: What does he look for?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.