Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two paintings that I got from my parents' house that

Customer Question

I have two paintings that I got from my parents' house that are oil paintings signed Wright. No letters or numbers on the back or on the frame. Frame is pretty flimsy. Are they worth anything or is that the unlisted artist thing?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: You mean about the paintings? They are both landscape and involve water - one looks like a pond or swampy area and the other is of a cove with palm trees and sailboats
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your paintings.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of them, front and back (no need to take them out of the frames) and a close-up of the signature on each.

Also, how big are they? (not including the frame)

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Attaching Images: Easy once you have the photos in your computer. If you are using a smart phone camera, simply email them to yourself.

Click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me, and then select the image you wish to attach.

If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. R.