Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a wooden washboard I believe is probably 100 years I

Customer Question

I have a wooden washboard I believe is probably 100 years I have shown it to many elderly and they have never seen one like it. It says Mother Hubbards Patent Roller Washboard....retail price $3.oo... Do you know where I might find the worth of it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The only washboard that can be repaired.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 month ago.

Hello
Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of any metal part-nail, screws..etc-of the furniture?

Also, could you inspect the furniture to try to locate the manufacturer label or mark if present?

Thanks

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Thank you for the request.

This is your answer, please read before rating.

Policy: Rating for the Appraiser is for the professionalism of the Appraiser, it is not for the value of the item (Appraisers have no control over values, we do not set values. We simply report them.) It is not for any issues due to the site policy or procedures. Appraisers do not work for the site, we are independent working for ourselves, ratings allow us to continue to work on the site answering customers questions.
.
The Mother Hubbards Patent Roller Washboard has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $135.00-145.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $120.00-125.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $145.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $145.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda