Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to know when my Orvis Battenkill rod was made.

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know when my Orvis Battenkill rod was made. Its serial number is ***** It is 7 and 1/2 feet and weighs 3 and 7/8 ounces.

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

I would like to know the year my Orvis Battenkill bamboo rod was made. Its serial number is ***** It is 7 1/2 feet and weighs 3 and 7/8 ounces and is for a number 6 line.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

It is a two tip rod.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/12/2017
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Your Orvis Battenkill, 16/64 & 10/64 ferrules, serial 8496, was made on 12/23/1948. It was built by Robert Albridge.

Typically, these are valued between $600 and $800, but it depends on condition.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer