Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a set of parfait cups - silver that I am not sure how…

Customer Question
I have a set...

I have a set of parfait cups - silver that I am not sure how old they are.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The marking looks like it maybe Glasglow with a capital R inside a sheild.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The number is *****

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Antiques
9/12/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 year ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My camera is not working right now...
Lets see what I can come up with. One sec

Sure, there is no time limit here. If I am not online when you send pictures, I will get an email and will respond as soon as I log on again.

I see that you tried to relist, but that is considered a duplicate question and was closed.

I would need to see a photo of the items and a photo of the marks in order to assess, will you be able to do that?

Let's try it this way. Here is the Glasgow mark and those that would include a shield and an R would be 1888.

Let me know if this looks like your mark and I can continue.

I actually think your pieces are something else, but we'll start here.