Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of Victorian oak dining chairs. They are carved

Customer Question

I have a set of Victorian oak dining chairs. They are carved figure chairs with paw feet. I would like to find out their value and where would be the best place to sell them.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They have been in my husband's family at least 100 years. His great, great grandfather was John Jordan who was a Lexington, Va architect, builder, mine owner and knew Thomas Jefferson. They were used in his family until the 90's and have been in storage.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: They have been recovered but still have the original springs which may help date them. The two arm chairs were painted by my sister in law and need to be refinished. I can send pictures.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am trying to get the pictures that on on my phone uploaded. Sorry for the delay.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This isn't timed. If the photos come through while I am not online, I will get an email

alert and answer as soon as I sign on again. No rush at all.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Just a reminder that you were going to add a few pictures. Again, no hurry, just a follow-up reminder.