Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Would like to sell a dozen of my knowles collector plates I…

Customer Question
Hi Would like to...

Hi Would like to sell a dozen of my knowles collector plates I purchased in the 80's all in boxes and have certificates. needing a price point and best place to sell them

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

An example is Goldilocks and the THree Bears. 1991 Plate No. 15109B

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Never out of the box HAve certificate

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/11/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 11 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

The collectible plate market is currently rather slumped. These plates, even with original boxes and certificates sell for an average of $5 - $7 each on today's market.

Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell these is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. You can also try listing on Craigslist, through a for sale forum group on Facebook or a local consignment shop. I do not recommend selling direct to a dealer, as a dealer will offer 10% - 30% of the lowest perceived value.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora