Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I was given an old bible dating back to the 1800s from my

Customer Question

i was given an old bible dating back to the 1800s from my grandmother. it is large, heavily decorated, brought over from europe. i would like it appraised and told how to care for it. thanx
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: what else are you looking for?
JA: Some old shoes of my mother's. They'd been handed down and were real 1920's dancing shoes. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: i guess if i take the bible out and look at it i might be able to tell you more. should i do that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

I'll need to see a photo of the title page of the bible, and a photo of the shoes. Do you have those available?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i don't have any shoes, i don't know where that came from. it is just the bible and i don't have a picture. do you want me to get it out and read anything to you?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is our conversation over?