Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am trying to figure out who has painted a oilpainting i

Customer Question

Hi i am trying to figure out who has painted a oilpainting i have.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: the signature says "Stevens"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: oilpainting of cliffs at the sea
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
here is a image
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Please also add a photo of the back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is nothing on the back of the image.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Edith Briscoe Stevens (1898 - 1931)

is a listed artist from Connecticut and Massachusetts

known for landscape, coastal views, and sculpture.

This painting of a coastal landscape was done in the 1920's

and has a value of $700 to $900 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can i get a certificate or documentation that states this when it will be auctioned.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

We do not offer written documents or certificates as part of our online only service.

I do hope my answer helped you.
If we are done here, please click the stars for me so that the site will credit me (separately from what you pay)
for answering.

If you are on mobile, scroll to the top of the page and click Finish by Rating.
That should take you to a screen that says "your rating is required",
do please click the five stars and hit submit.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.