Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am trying to figure out who has painted a oilpainting i…

Customer Question
Hi i am trying...

Hi i am trying to figure out who has painted a oilpainting i have.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The signature says "Stevens"

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Oilpainting of cliffs at the sea

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/11/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Please also add a photo of the back.

There is nothing on the back of the image.

Edith Briscoe Stevens (1898 - 1931)

is a listed artist from Connecticut and Massachusetts

known for landscape, coastal views, and sculpture.

This painting of a coastal landscape was done in the 1920's

and has a value of $700 to $900 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

Can i get a certificate or documentation that states this when it will be auctioned.

We do not offer written documents or certificates as part of our online only service.

I do hope my answer helped you.
If we are done here, please click the stars for me so that the site will credit me (separately from what you pay)
for answering.

If you are on mobile, scroll to the top of the page and click Finish by Rating.
That should take you to a screen that says "your rating is required",
do please click the five stars and hit submit.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.