Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a collection of collectors dolls from the 40's &

I have a collection of collectors dolls from the 40's & 50's. They are not in great shape. Except for my Revlon doll. Should I trash them or try to find an antique dealer to sell them?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Still have original hair & clothes. Several have Lon pants underwear that appear to be taped on at waist, clothes need washing & faces needcleaing. Many have eyes that open & close.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: One appears to be little red riding hood. One is an Indian with wig & wrapped in wool blanket. Have extra Indian wig braided. Most 5-8" high, 1 has jointed legs, one is 7-1/2 " tall wooden Pinocchio.

How many dolls do you have in total?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
19-20, plus more dresses etc from other dolls I had to toss due to condition.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sold them today to an antique dealer because I wanted to get rid of them quickly. Thanks for your help. Do I owe the full amount for your help?

You are welcome and congrats on the sale.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sold the dolls to an antique dealer today. Just needed to get rid of them. Do I owe you the balance?

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you!

~Nora