Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Found a WW1 photo Album in my father-in-law's belongings.

Customer Question

Found a WW1 photo Album in my father-in-law's belongings. Fascinating stuff. Can it be appraised?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Scrapbook format.... Crown Prince of Belgium.. purple Heart and other medals...very nicely done.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Letter from War dept. neewspaper articles and photos
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Can you tell me what the Album looks like on the outside? Is it decorative?

What size is it?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not decorative..textured cardboard covers. 15x13...not bound, held together by screws
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is correct. Ask for Pat
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

I am sorry I did not send a phone call request, that is an offer by the site. I do not participate in the live phone calls.

If you like I can value this for you here in writing now.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still want a call when possible
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, Thanks
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

No thanks what?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wish to speak to an expert..
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Well I am an expert I have been an appraiser for over 45 years have a appraised photo albums like this on numerous occasions, many from WWl as well as WWll. I have also been in the Antique Business for over 45 years. I am happy to opt out though, if someone wishes to do a phone call they will pick this up.

Good luck

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wish to communicate by phone. Actually you will ultimately need to communicate with my mother-in-law Pat. The album is with her. What can we do toaccomplish this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there another expert who WILL talk on the phone?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

You have a phone call request in, if one of the experts can help you by phone they will reach out to do so. If not then there is not anyone who can or will do a phone call. Experts only do phone calls if they want to. We are independent of the site we do not work for the site, we come to the site to answer questions customers post there.

All the experts that do phone calls have more then likely looked at the request. If there is one that will take it you will be contacted.

Glenda