Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have this old figurine of hunter holding a rifle and a

Customer Question

Hi. I have this old figurine of hunter holding a rifle and a bird. White color but I am not sure what it is made of - porcelain or some other material. The mark on the base is not painted but pressed - two lions or other animals are leaning from two sides on the castle or tower. Please help me to identify this item. Thank you
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I have pictures I can submit
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I prefer chat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please let me know if I need to wait for your answer or what is the next step.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a circa 1860 Staffordshire ironstone figurine depicting

a young boy with pheasant and rifle. The mark is an English or Scottish mark

with tower and lion and horse, but the exact maker is not known by this impressed mark.

The value of this piece is $125 to $150 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

You are so welcome. Please do click the stars to finish, I would really appreciate it.