Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I found a pie safe at an estate sale how will I tell how old

Customer Question

I found a pie safe at an estate sale how will I tell how old it is and the worth of this piece
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Nothing just found this piece it is priced at $650.00
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I can send a picture
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you.

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the picture I have
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is an empty Excel spreadsheet, maybe not what you had intended to attach.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let's try this
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Does it also have tin on the sides?

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

A pie safe, also called a pie chest, pie cupboard, kitchen safe, and meat safe, is a piece of furniture designed to store pies and other food items. This one looks to be a walnut pie safe with punched tin panels, Pennsylvania origin, from 1850 to 1890. It is valued at $600 to $650 if it is a six-panel tin and about $200 more if it also has tin panels on the sides.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it does it also has 3 shelve and one big draw on
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Great! That is a good price, then. It is worth about $800, so getting it for $650 would be a good deal.

I will add what I wrote again in case you did not see it above before you replied...

A pie safe, also called a pie chest, pie cupboard, kitchen safe, and meat safe, is a piece of furniture designed to store pies and other food items. This one looks to be a walnut pie safe with punched tin panels, Pennsylvania origin, from 1850 to 1890. It is valued at $600 to $650 if it is a six-panel tin and about $200 more if it also has tin panels on the sides.Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for meto get good feedback for answering.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.