Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a platform rocker can you tell me something about it…

Customer Question
I have a platform rocker...
I have a platform rocker can you tell me something about it
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/10/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a circa 19000 oak painted platform rocker with sausage turned

trim and velvet upholstery. Most companies in the US made this style of rocker

from 1890 to about 1910 with either velvet or tapestry upholstery or cane back and seat.

This rocker has a current value of $125 to $140 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA), Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Rarewares
Rarewares