Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Have some chairs I would like to find out how much there

Customer Question

Have some chairs I would like to find out how much there worth. I don't think there antiques.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Have you turned one upside down to look for a tag?

A photo of the bottom and of any tag would be of great help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah I looked for tags, there are none.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have been reupholstered.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think they were purchased at Walter E smith.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

These are vintage Queen Anne dining chairs that would date to

about 1960 to 1980 if purchased at Walter E Smithe Furniture.

They were in business since 1945, but this style became popular

again in the 60's through 80's. Each chair has a current value of $75 to $100 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA), Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Got it, thank you!
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Great, I am glad I was able to help.

In order for me to get paid by the site for helping, you must physically click the stars

and give me a positive feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks!