Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My father was stationed in Japan in the early fifties. When…

Customer Question
My father was stationed...

My father was stationed in Japan in the early fifties. When the Japanese Peale who worked with him gave him a gift of a small vase and he was told that it had been in someone's family for several generations. I have recently in heretic this and need to know how much time appraise it for insurence. I live in Houston. Is there anyone I can take it to and what would be a fair price to par? Thank you

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It seems to be about 5 inches high and I very good condution. Colors are still bright and with some building I a gold color. It is six sided with a small opening. But has a lot of "crackle" in the clear varnish?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/10/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 11 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello my name is***** am a certified ppraiser and would be happy to help you with this. Could you post a few photos of the small vase for review? To post here click on the file upload , add files or paperclip button and follow the prompts. You may also email the photos to ***@******.*** and in the email please put "forCustomerquot; so the company knows whom to forward them to. I look forward to seeing this.

Hi I wanted to see is you had had a chance to post photos or have you sent photos for review? I look forward to helping you on this

I have found someone to takeep it to in person.
Thankyou

thank you for letting me know. I am glad you found a person to help you.