Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a numbered print by Dempsey Essick called "Roxie's…

Customer Question
I have a numbered...

I have a numbered print by Dempsey Essick called "Roxie's Touch". Is there any value to this print?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Not sure how this works but I have a shaker box that was my grandmothers and was give to her by maybe her mother or grandmother. Not sure about that. It is inscribed inside and there is a date of April 11, 1833. Some years ago an appraiser told me it might be worth $800. Do I need to send a picture?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It's in fairly good shape. Oval about 8" x 4"

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/9/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR-

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

What about the shaker box I asked about. The print question was done a while ago more interested in shaker box.
Thought I signed up for free trial. How come my account was charged $48?

Please contact the site about the charges. After you are satisfied, please send photos of the box. I also need the size in inches.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, see this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR

Email address:

***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris