Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique lighting fixture made by Riddle Co of Des

Customer Question

I have an antique lighting fixture made by Riddle Co of Des Moines. I need to get an estimate of its value but I'm not finding anything remotely close to it anywhere online
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The number on it is 1723, made by Riddle Co. of Des Moines, it's got 5 bulbs , beaded pull chain. It's heavy but I'm unsure of the material. If needed I can send picture
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: My mother bought it for I believe $75.00 about 45 years ago. The person she bought it from said it was from their great grandparents home back in early 1900's
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please yes attach some photos of the light for review please

to attach here in our post click on add files, file upload or paperclip button and follow the prompts. You may also email phoyos to ***@******.*** and please put "for ladytanya65" so they know whom to forward them on to Thank you I look forward to helping you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
here is the picture

Thank you so much for the photo. Does it work? I would think not by the looks of it so it may need to be rewired all takes into consideration of valuing is all so I wanted to ask. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry, I would rather continue online. Hopefully you will have answers. Iplan on keeping the fixture, was just wanting to know the estimated value & year it was made & whatever else you can tell me about it

Yes, I liek to keep things in written form the company does those pop ups for premium services I do not.Written form gives you something to print out and keep I am sorry as I do not send the notices for phone calls etc. Thank you for letting me know, I am more then happy to keep it written here

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When my mother bought it it worked, since then it has not been used, it's been packed away

Thank you I am researching this now and will post back when completed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hope you find answers, I'm getting nowhere checking elsewhere
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry ma'am. At 5pm pst I will be closing out this webpage & requesting a refund. This is taking more time than I expected & had I known, I would have just gone downtown to the antique dealer & asked them.